Hello darlings. As some of you may know, I have been costuming for several years. I have made cosplays and reenactment clothing for people, including Askkayleefrye.
Recently, I decided that I want to open my own custom costume business with my mom (who has been sewing even longer than I). We are very excited about this and hope to make it a reality very soon.
However, starting a business does take quite a bit of money. We are starting small and will be running it out of my mom’s house so we do not have to rent a building space.
Currently, we are trying to raise the money on Indiegogo. We have only a month left in which to reach our goal. If we do reach it, Indiegogo does not get to keep as large of a portion of our money. The goal amount is $2,500. To show where this money would be going, here is the break down of the costs to start out:
- $300 pays for incorpation of the name
- $300 for a new dress form
- $400 for costs for a booth at New York Comic Con
- $400 for marketing costs (advertisements and business cards)
- $500 for a serger machine
- $600 for an embroidery machine
There are perks for each level of donation.
- $10- Custom fandom necklace from the fandom of your choice. It can also be hobbies, or something other than a fandom. No two necklaces will be alike.
- $30- Necklace and a handmade thank you card from the company.
- $50- Necklace and a custom circle skirt. If you are not a skirt wearer, I can discuss other options.
- $100- 25% off coupon for a costume.
- $200- 35% off coupon.
- $500- 50% off coupon, necklace, card, and additional 25% off for another costume or to give to a friend! You will also be the featured client on a poster for our next 3 conventions.
All contributors will get their name listed on our website, which is currently in progress.
Our page on Indiegogo can be found here with more information and photos-
This company is my dream, and every little bit helps. If you do not have the money to contribute, please help out by passing this along. Please help make my dream come true.
Thank you so much and I apologize profusely for making such a long post. <3
Reblogging to spread the word! Good cosplay can be hard to come by sometimes.